Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 64 - Tuesday 5th July 2011

Sandy Hill to Keysville     73 miles     DFP 3784

Said farewell to Kendell who offered up a prayer and continued east on 40.  Was relatively quite up until Gretna then I had the road almost to myself.  Sort of hilly to start with but then flattened out. Stopped at Brockneal for lunch at the local 'Subway'.   When placing my order with Lani Killman, she gave a 10 dollar donation to ALZHEIMER SCOTLAND.  To Lani, "Thank you for your generosity".  Whilst eating lunch I was approached by Jennifer Maxfield, a reporter for the local Union Star newspaper  
www.theunionstar.com  
who'd been informed I was passing through and asked if she could conduct an interview.  Sure.  Turns out two of Jennifer's grandparents had been affected by dementia, so she was very well aware of the need to highlight the needs of those concerned and their carers.  The article goes out on Wednesday 13th July and can be accessed on-line.

Continued east on 40 passing through Phenix and Charlotte Court House before stopping for the night at Keysville intending to us H360 in the morning.

Whilst still probably in the low 90s I think the humidity has been less oppressive because I've not found it so exhausting.  Either that or I'm just getting use to it.

Updated: Chester, Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment