Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 29 - Tuesday 31st May 2011

Curt Gowdy State Park to Pierce     74 miles     DFP 1713

Cycling by 6 o'clock as I wanted to check out the bike shops in Cheyenne before they opened. There's 2 apparently.  Was outside Rock on Wheels (http://www.rockonwheels.com/) at 8 and Alex, one of the young mechanics was already there, although the shop didn't open till 10. That's dedication and therefore this was the place for me.  Cycled back into the town centre for breakfast (suggested by Alex) and other stuff and was back at the shop just after 10.  George, the owner,  took the bracket out, which I think it's fair to say, was mangled.  New one fitted, a few other adjustments done and things were running smoothly again.  Also bought another bracket as an insurance policy, just in case. I can only describe the service at the shop as 'First Class'.  Obviously 2 guys who love their work and want to give top class customer service.  I'd also like to thank the lady customer who gave me a 20 dollar donation for ALZHEIMER SCOTLAND.  Remarkable. 

Blog was updated at the library.  Had a Mexican late lunch then headed south on Highway 85.  After a couple of miles I'm out of Wyoming and entering Colorado.  Another State gone. 



About 40 miles down the road I call into Pierce to buy bread and ask about camping.  One of the customers who initially suggested a possible location, stopped me shortly after and suggested I use his yard.  As such, I was introduced to Joe Mascarenas, his wife Melisa and their great kids Alexandria, Kira, Noah, Isaac and Jeremiah.  What a super family.   "And yes kids, I'll have a photo added to this as soon as I can. It might not be until I reach Kentucky but it will be added.  You all please take care".



Updated: Brush, Colorado (library).

No comments:

Post a Comment