Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 32 - Friday 3rd June 2011

Wray to Goodland     81 miles     DFP 1968

I must start with an apology here.  I've not watched television for about 5 weeks and so I'm a bit out of touch.  Last night at Dewey's I watched a weather programme and found out about the tornadoes in Missouri where thousands of people have lost everything and around 200 have perished.  And here's me bitching about the winds I had on my cycle.  I should know better.  As I'm still on the road and progressing things can't have been that bad.  A breeze in fact, compared to some places in Missouri.  Again, sorry for complaining.

After breakfast I continued east from Wray and within 10 miles I'd left Colorado and entered Nebraska a State I'd not planned to be in. So I'll now be passing through 11 and not 10.



But it was only for a brief period as once I got to Haigler I turned south on Route 27, left Nebraska and entered Kansas.  Three States in about an hour.  Not only that but I also went from Mountain to Central time.  I'm now getting confused. 



Had lunch in St Francis which is about 40 miles from Wray and someone in the restaurant knew 'Dewey'.  Small world out here.  Went along Highway 36 before again turning south on Route 27 but didn't realise that about 15 miles down the road I returned to Mountain time.  Stopped at WalMart in Goodland and watched a nice lightning storm from the doorway.  Made me decide to camp locally in the Mid American Camp Inn at a reasonable 23 dollars.

Updated:   La Crosse, Kansas (library)

No comments:

Post a Comment