Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 41 - Sunday 12th June 2011

Sedalia to Columbia     74 miles     DFP 2654

Backtracked to Walmart in Sedalia and bought a couple of new inner tubes and on fitting one notice rubber was peeling away from the edge of the new rear tyre I'd got in Scott City the previous Saturday.  As this might be the problem, I fitted my emergency folding tyre and was off.  Things were fine and I'd maybe find a bike shop on the trail even although it was a Sunday. Cycled through Beaman, Clifton City, Pilot Grove and Boonville where I crossed the Missouri River and from now on the trail is never far away from it. 



It was then onto New Franklin and Rocheport, which has a bike shop which was open but unfortunately, no suitable tyre.  That meant I'd need to detour into Columbia in the morning.  Went a little further and camped at the MKT link trail to the city.



Bumped into a young couple, Andrew MacGregor and Stephanie Robertson for the second time today.We'd originally met at Clinton. As is fairly apparent, they both have Scottish ancestors and knowledge of our history.  They are cycling the KATY trail and maintaining a blog at Shoot Film, Ride Steel.

I've only added 60 miles to the DFP due to the backtrack to Sedalia.

Updated: Carbondale, Illinois (library).

1 comment:

  1. FROM Fiona.
    Well done Andrew struggling in all the heat. Punctures seem to be giving you problems, so hope you strike it lucky with bike shop soon. Just to make you laugh I did the Edinburgh to St Andrews event on saturday there in the driving rain and horizontal winds. a mere 68 miles..but at least i was puncture free. Take care..the blog is great I am following you on the map as you go.Lots of love and god speed

    ReplyDelete