Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 36 - Tuesday 7th June 2011

Hoisington to McPherson     78 miles     DFP 2287

I had intended breaking away from BAK today but a problem with the wheels, particularly the front one, convinced me to tag along for another day and have Ruth check them at McPherson.  Might be a buckle.  Followed state 4 east through Claflin and Geneseo before heading south through Marquette and minor back roads to McPherson. I'm told it's the Scottish capital of Kansas. Very strong headwinds on the southward stretches.

Wheels were checked and I was informed the tyres hadn't been 'seated' correctly when I changed them on Sunday, hence what I'm now told is 'bobbing'.  Very good description of the effects.  So the 5 dollars to put them right was very worth while.  And here's me thinking I could change tyres.  Ruth has now shown me 'how it should be done'!!!!

Updated: Ottawa, Kansas (library)

1 comment:

  1. see that its true your never to old to learn!!!!
    LOL

    JOJO

    ReplyDelete