Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 30 - Wednesday 1st June 2011

Pierce to Brush     90 miles     DFP 1803

Was up and on the road early so didn't see Joe and Melisa.  The children had gone to stay with their gran. A big "thank you" to them all again including the two goats who kept me company overnight.



Went east on State 90, then State 14 for 60 miles to just after Stoneham where I turned south on State 71 to Brush.  Didn't notice anywhere along the whole of today's 90 miles where I could buy provisions, so was low on fluid.  Rectified this situation then headed for the library.  When checking out the camp site, noticed the outdoor swimming pool which provided a very pleasant evening swim.  There must have been a hundred kids there who were all having a ball.   After the tent was up, sat and cooked an evening meal at the picnic bench just as it was getting dark.  Very pleasant, although something was starting to bite! First so far on my trip, although I couldn't see the little blighters.

By 11 o'clock I was crawling out the tent trying to get extra cords and pegs set up, as the tent wanted to go and play with the wind. Also had to go in search of some washing I'd left out to dry. Just unbelievable.  Still, if it's started now, it'll have died down by morning.  WRONG!

Updated: Akron, Colorado (library)

1 comment:

  1. Kirsty McHugh, ScotlandJune 2, 2011 at 11:29 PM

    What you're doing is marvellous. Well done. My mum has alzheimers (65) and I know how this affects my dad and my family. My mum still knows us but her co-ordination is gone and watching her struggle to communicate is heartbreaking. This is a great cause and I will share on FB, twitter etc. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete