Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 45 - Thursday 16th June 2011

Johnson Creek Recreation Area to Equality     82 miles     DFP 2986

On setting off this morning discovered I'd lost the 'Lion Rampant' flag and its little stick which had been a feature on a the rear carrier.  I was not however going to retrace yesterday's mileage to try and find it.  Continued south on route 3 which was flat as it followed the Mississippi flood plain.  Things changed when I turned east on 149 to Murphysboro as I encountered ups and downs again.  The rest of the day was flat. Quick call at library then followed 13 east to Carbondale for another library visit.  Sent a message to the bike shop in Columbia thanking them for the quality service and to say I'd had no further problems with the rear tyre.  That was a mistake, as I obviously tempted fate and continuing east on 13 the new rear tyre was punctured by a small piece of silver backed mirror glass. On cycling through Marion and Harrisburg the skies changed.  This morning it was cloudless and very hot but later the clouds appeared and became very threatening.  I could only described them as being 'horror movie' like.  Camped near Equality where I had to use the tick remover a couple of more times.

Updated:  Mount Sterling, Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment