Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 49 - Day 57 (Monday 20th - Tuesday 28th 2011)

Didn't do any cycling over this period but there's a few things worth recording. 

On Friday 24th I was asked to spend an overnight at the Episcopalian camp location 'Catherdral Domain' about 40 miles south of Mount Sterling.  It's currently being used as a summer camp for children and not just those with connection to that particular church.  Gave a couple of 45 minute talks to 2 groups but due to the ages involved, kept them focused on the trip and without mentioning much about dementia.  Instead I took the bike and all my gear and set everything up as though I was camping out for the night.  Seemed to go down OK.

Also gave a couple of talks to the congregation of The Church of Ascension in Mount Sterling.  Could I please take this opportunity to again thank everyone for the very generous donations to ALZHEIMER SCOTLAND.

I'd also like to thank Bill Skidmore and Ollie McCormick for their donations.

Finally, to Bill, his wife Brenda and their friends Mark and Kim, thanks for the lovely afternoon and the chance of a swim in the pool.

Finally to Cindy and Gordon, thanks for everything.  I don't think there was a moment I didn't have some form of food in my hand.  Take care.




No comments:

Post a Comment