Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 1 : Tuesday 3rd May 2011

Perfect day to fly out.  Totally clear sky.  Was allocated a left window seat and on taking to the air the plane banked left giving a super view of Inchcolm Abbey on its island in the Firth of Forth and both road and rail bridges.  Heathrow terminal 5 was an experience.  The US flight left on time and took the same route north as my Heathrow flight going south.  Past over Glasgow and Loch Lomond and shortly after I was able to look down at the route I cycled south from Skye last week.  The plane was then over the Outer Hebrides.  Iceland, Greenland and over to the Baffin Islands were all bathed in sunshine.  Arrived in Seattle where Ron and his friend Doug met me at the airport.  The bike appeared undamaged but I've still got to check it fully tomorrow morning.  Everything was loaded into the car and we left Seattle by ferry over Paget Sound for Bainbridge Island.



Maida was at the house awaiting our arrival and made me very, very welcome.  Lovely meal.  The house is just super.  First day has gone perfectly,  so can only hope it continues.



Updated: Poulsbo, Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment