Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 7 - Monday 9th May 2011

Poulsbo - Skykomish       68 miles           DFP 225

Ron stoked me up with a big breakfast and I had to say cheerio.  Would have loved to stay longer.  Maida and Ron, "I had a super time.  Thank you for everything.".

Headed towards Kingston ferry and on arrival at the booth,
Me:   "Myself and the bike to Edmonds please".
Girl:  "Cyclists' pay on their return at the other side".
Me:   "But I'm not coming back over"
Girl:  "Then it's your lucky day".
Me:   "Well, it sure is. Thank you".

Left Edmonds by the 524 and 522, then Highway 2 taking me into the Cascade Mountains.  The road is a joy.  Follows the railway and Skykomish river with roughly the same gradient.  Hardly knew I was climbing.  At Sultan, the Cascades ahead looked like the Highlands, low cloud making them dark and foreboding.  A little further however and their true size could be seen.  We've nothing like this in Scotland.  Got to the Money Creek campground to find it hadn't officially opened for the season yet but due to the time, I'd no choice but to set up the tent on a pitch by the river.  Super.   Saw my first beaver stumps this afternoon.

Updated: Waterville, Washington (library). 






1 comment:

  1. All right for you eh!!!! It must be your charm.: )
    Glad everything is going well.

    JOJO x

    ReplyDelete