Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 22 - Tuesday 24th May 2011

Madison to Madison (Yellowstone National Park)    29miles     DFP 1124

I'd intended to do the circular trip round what they call the northern loop today, which would have been about 100 miles and manageable with an early start and on an unloaded bike.  Sadly there was snow/sleet falling when I awoke, so just had to lie there.  Improved by lunch time, so headed north passing Gibbon Falls



to the Norris Basin geyser area.  Again, I was really impressed with these lesser known geysers.  The fact that simple living organisms can survive and thrive in these extreme temperatures and acidity levels is just amazing.  The snow/sleet returned just as I was about to return, so was soaked through by the time I reached the tent.

As it was tourist stuff today, nothing added to DFP.

Updated: Cheyenne, Wyoming (library).

No comments:

Post a Comment