Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Today's the day

OK folks.  I'm for the off.  11.45 this morning from Edinburgh to Heathrow, then quarter past three to Seattle, arriving at ten to five this afternoon US time.  Hopefully along with all the bags and undamaged bike, which at the moment is tucked up in its cardboard box.  It makes a huge difference knowing I'm being met by Maida and Ron.  But its still rushing time just now.

Possible change to my planned route after I return to Poulsbo from dipping the front wheel in the Pacific.  I had intended cycling through Seattle and picking up Federal 2 over to East Wenatchee, then on to Spokane and up to Newport on the Washington/Idaho boundary. I now think it would be better to travel north from Poulsbo to Anacortes and take State 20 all the way to Newport.  While it might be hillier, it's probably quieter, more scenic and there appears to be more campsites along the way.

Anyway, got to go.  Plane to catch. Not said that for a long, long time! You all please take care.  And so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment