Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 12 - Saturday 14th May 2011

Newport to Idaho/Montana border     67 miles     DFP 597

Said my farewells to Mindee, Brett and Traipsie.  Jacob was still in bed. 



Within 10 minutes I'd left Washington State and entered Idaho. 



Stopped at the town of Priest River where young children were cycling round a circuit on a closed street, raising money for 'Biking for Babies'.  Last year they raised enough money to purchase a new monitor for an ultra-sound unit at the local clinic. I received a ribbon for doing 1 circuit (most of the youngsters had dozens) and a chocolate chip cookie.  Not sure I deserved that but to the folks at Priest River, "Thank you for letting me take a small part in your event and I hope you had a successful day". Continued along Highway 2 beside Lake Pend Orielle to Sandpoint.  This is where I left Highway 2 and joined State 200 continuing along Lake Pend Orielle.  Camped for the night by the side of the river which might be called Cabinet (will check later) just short of the Idaho/Montana border.  Perfect day ended with me watching a beaver slowly swim up the river bank right next to me, at the same time browsing on some new shoots.




No comments:

Post a Comment