Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 5 - Saturday 7th May 2011

Sequim - Poulsbo   54 miles                (DFP 157 miles)

Rained stopped overnight, so it was dry when I returned to Sequim and had my first Burger King breakfast so far.  With coke and lots of it. Called it at Mike's Bike shop but by then the creaking had stopped and things seemed fine.  Back to the Olympic Discovery Trail, which I just can't praise enough, to its present end at Blyn.  Rain started soon after but followed me off and on as I used 101, 104, 3 and Big Valley Road back to Poulsbo.  The road up to Maida and Ron's house I knew was steep, having come down it on Wednesday but from the bottom it can only be described as a 300 yard beast.  Absolutely impossible to ride with a load, if at all.  May try later today without panniers.  Edinburgh is called the hilly city but it's tame compared to Poulsbo.  So what I'm really having to admit is,  I had to get off and walk.  Even that was a struggle. 

Maida and Ron had prepared dinner and invited Doug and his wife Bernie. So lovely end to the day.
So the initial 4 days of cycling have gone really well.  Rest day today and I'm doing something special.  You'll have to wait to hear what.  The suspense.

Updated: Poulsbo, Washington.                     

No comments:

Post a Comment